Collar City Bridge
View from Troy waterfront
Photo taken by Josh Schmid in January 2021
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
BH Photo #488155
Northernmost bridge over Hudson River Estuary, constructed as part of cancelled Interstate 88 extension into Rensselaer County.
Troy's nickname is the "Collar City", hence the name of the bridge.
- Steel stringer bridge over Hudson River on I-787, NY 7
- Troy, Albany County, New York, and Rensselaer County, New York
- Open to traffic
- Built 1981
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 379.9 ft.
Total length: 2,238.0 ft. (0.4 mi.)
Deck width: 121.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.74036, -73.68869 (decimal degrees)
42°44'25" N, 73°41'19" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/607332/4732816 (zone/easting/northing)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2018)
- Inventory numbers
- NY 1070869 (New York State bridge identification number)
BH 91779 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 89 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 8, 2021: New photos from Josh Schmid
- January 2, 2021: New Street View added by Josh Schmid