CSX - US 20 Bridge
View from west
View of both bridges from west. The bridge in this entry is the middle bridge, not the truss on top.
Photo taken by Josh Schmid in January 2021
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
BH Photo #488485
This is the middle bridge of a triple crossing consisting of (top) CSXTRR, (middle) CSXTRR and (Lower) US 20. The purpose of the flyover was to interchange between the right-hand-running east towards Selkirk, and the left-hand-running west to Schenectady.
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over US 20 on CSX Transportation
- Albany County, New York
- Open to traffic
- Built 1926
- - CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Conrail (CR)
- New York Central Railroad (NYC)
- Penn Central Railroad (PC)
- Pony plate girder
Length of largest span: 94.8 ft.
Total length: 244.8 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.72556, -73.96053 (decimal degrees)
42°43'32" N, 73°57'38" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/585102/4730863 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory numbers
- NY 7015960 (New York State bridge identification number)
BH 91853 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 10, 2021: New photo from Josh Schmid
- January 8, 2021: Added by Josh Schmid