Hawk Street Viaduct
First appearance of a cantilever arch bridge.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Cantilevered steel arch bridge over Sheridan Hollow on Hawk Street
- Albany, Albany County, New York
- Built 1890; Repaired 1925; Closed to everyone but pedestrians 1968; Razed 1970
- - Boston Bridge Works of Boston, Massachusetts (1925 Repairs)
- Elnathan Sweet of Cheshire, Massachusetts (Design)
- Hilton Bridge Construction Co. of Albany, New York (1890 Original Construction)
- Cantilevered steel arch
Length of largest span: 360.0 ft.
Total length: 1,000.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.65447, -73.75516 (decimal degrees)
42°39'16" N, 73°45'19" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/602032/4723196 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 72311 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 10, 2017: New photo from Dana and Kay Klein
- May 23, 2016: Added by Luke