UP - US 95 Overpass
Fernley Nevada Underpass Bridge (1936)
Looking at the bridge from the south with a modern Lincoln Highway sign designating it as part of the original Lincoln Highway.
Photo taken by Mike Lynch
License: Released into public domain
BH Photo #255419
This undepass is a narrow point as you enter Fernley from I-80 from the west. The overpass has been hit a few times by high loads. Had a benchmark on the bridge, see pictures. On the Lincoln Highway Route and later US 40. Fernley was bypassed by I-80.
- Concrete deck girder bridge over West Main Street which is Hwys.US 40 & 95 and Nev. 427 on Union Pacific Railroad
- Fernley, Lyon County, Nevada
- Open to traffic
- - Southern Pacific Railroad (SP)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Concrete deck girder. steel girders on concrete abutements
Length of largest span: 29.9 ft.
Total length: 30.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.0 ft.
- Also called
- Fernley Overpass
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.61250, -119.26511 (decimal degrees)
39°36'45" N, 119°15'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 11/305552/4387200 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Fernley West
- Inventory numbers
- NDOT G-18 (Nevada Dept. of Transportation bridge number)
BH 56472 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1989)
- November 15, 2016: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- November 29, 2013: New Street View added by Brent Tindall
- June 4, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Merged NBI data.
- June 4, 2013: Added by Mike Lynch