Arroyo Aquaje De Petaca Bridge
Arroyo Aguaje de la Petaca Bridge
Photo taken by C Hanchey in January 2017
License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial (CC BY-NC)
View this photo on Flickr
BH Photo #375806
The bridge contains a sign reading:
ARROYO AGUAJE BRIDGE
THIS HISTORIC PONY TRUSS BRIDGE WAS BUILT IN 1934 AS A NATIONAL RECOVERY PROJECT. IT HAS BEEN PRESERVED BY THE NEW MEXICO STATE HIGHWAY AND TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT.
- Pratt pony truss bridge over Arroyo Aquaje De Petaca on former US-64
- Taos County, New Mexico
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1934; bypassed by new bridge in 1994; left in-place by the NM State Highway and Transportation Dept
- Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 100.1 ft.
Total length: 103.0 ft.
Deck width: 24.3 ft.
- Also called
- Arroyo Aquaje Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.64306, -105.95311 (decimal degrees)
36°38'35" N, 105°57'11" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 13/414800/4055700 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Tres Piedras
- Inventory numbers
- NM 3806 (New Mexico bridge number)
BH 75185 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 13, 2017: Added by C Hanchey