Rio Hondo Bridge
Originally built in 1927 for US Route 66 near Montoya, Quay County, NM, over Arroyo Laguna (estimated location is 35.092781, -104.077217) as part of "New Mexico Project 76." Replaced by steel beam bridge in 1951. Truss bridge was dismantled and relocated to its current location in 1953. Current bridge is on State Historic Register, File #744 (Listed 8/24/1979)
- Through truss bridge over Rio Hondo on NM 395
- Lincoln County, New Mexico
- Open to traffic
- Built 1927; Relocated here in 1953
- - Virginia Bridge & Iron Co. of Roanoke, Virginia [also known as Virginia Bridge Co.]
- Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 140.0 ft.
Total length: 145.0 ft.
Deck width: 19.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.2 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +33.36693, -105.24366 (decimal degrees)
33°22'01" N, 105°14'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 13/477332/3691992 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- NM 5272 (New Mexico bridge number)
BH 25669 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 04/2016)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 35.9 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- September 25, 2017: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added history and corrected dates per NMDOT.
- September 5, 2017: New Street View added by Nathan Holth
- April 1, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: added street view corrected GPS data