SW - Hatch to Rincon Bridge
View of Bridge Facing Southwest
Optical illusion. Bridge appears to be supported by a number of piers; but, pole piers are those of the adjacent roadway.
Photo taken by Eric Martin in March 2014
BH Photo #276845
Railroad Bridge across Rio Grande River that carries Southwestern Railroad traffic, along with unit trains via trackage rights for Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway. Build date comes from Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway bridge records at Temple, TX Railroad Museum.
- Pratt Through truss bridge over Rio Grande on Southwestern Railroad
- Dona Ana County, New Mexico
- Built 1912
- - Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (ATSF)
- Southwestern Railroad (SW)
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 130.0 ft.
Total length: 390.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +32.66778, -107.11972 (decimal degrees)
32°40'04" N, 107°07'11" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 13/301226/3616443 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 60079 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 3, 2020: Updated by John Marvig: added information from ATSF Bridge Records
- July 4, 2014: New Street View added by Ralph Demars
- March 2, 2014: Added by Eric Martin
- Eric Martin
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com