Dingman's Ferry Bridge
The truss bridge, erected circa 1900, was constructed with steel columns made by the Phoenix Bridge Company. The three spans were part of a larger bridge, and were salvaged and reconstructed by the Perkins Brothers of Horseheads, New York. The third bridge to stand on this site, it was chartered by the Pennsylvania and New Jersey State Legislatures as early as 1830.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Through truss bridge over Delaware River on PA 739
- Pike County, Pennsylvania, and Sussex County, New Jersey
- Open to vehicular traffic only (no pedestrians allowed)
- Relocated here 1900 from the Susquehanna River
- - Perkins Brothers of Horseheads, New York (Relocation)
- Phoenix Bridge Co. of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania (Original fabrication)
- Three-span Baltimore through truss with Phoenix columns
Length of largest span: 182.1 ft.
Total length: 546.9 ft.
Deck width: 17.4 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.5 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.22002, -74.85926 (decimal degrees)
41°13'12" N, 74°51'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/511797/4563191 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Culvers Gap
- Average daily traffic (as of 2006)
- Inventory numers
- NJ 4100001 (New Jersey bridge number)
BH 25560 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 11.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 20, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- March 3, 2017: Updated by Brian Manville: Added photographs taken after Hurricane Irene passed through the area.
- October 28, 2016: New video from Alexander D. Mitchell IV
- October 21, 2016: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- February 13, 2016: New photo from Art Suckewer
- January 19, 2015: Photo imported by Dave King
- June 15, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added GPS.
- March 9, 2009: Posted HAER photos
- February 22, 2009: Updated by Ian Anderson: Updated w/ correct info and name