River Road West, over Lamington River
This bridge is pretty much identical to the modern one on Opie Road at the other end of the county.
Photo taken by Andrew Pearce in August 2012
BH Photo #237731
This modern bridge is right on the county line between Hunterdon and Somerset counties. The road is named Lamington Road in Hunterdon County, and River Road West in Somerset County, but by either name this newer modern truss bridge is just yards from the 9th hole Tee of the Fiddler's Elbow golf course, spanning Rockaway Creek.
- Bridge over Lamington River on River Road West/Lamington Road
- Bedminster , Somerset County, New Jersey, and Hunterdon County, New Jersey
- Open to traffic
- built 2003
- see also http://uglybridges.com/1368161
One span modern plate welded half-subdivided(alternating verticals) Warren pony truss.
Nearly identical to the Opie Road bridge, except for the paint color and 1 span vs 2 spans.
- Also called
- Lamington Road by Fiddler's Elbow (golf course)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.63404, -74.72706 (decimal degrees)
40°38'03" N, 74°43'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/523081/4498169 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 53208 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 19, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Corrected related bridge listing
- August 18, 2012: Updated by Andrew Pearce: Entered bridge