Woodfern Road Bridge South
portal view from B0510 concrete arch bridge
Photo taken by Andrew Pearce in September 2012
BH Photo #239246
From South to North, the bridges are:
NJ 1850510 Concrete Arch, built 2005 to replace 1916 stone arch NJ
NJ 1850512 Pratt Thru Truss (South), NO SKEW, built 1902
NJ 1850511 Pratt Thru Truss (North), SKEWED, built 1902
- Through truss bridge over South Branch Raritan River on Woodfern Road
- Somerset County, New Jersey
- Open to traffic
- Built 1902
- - J. W. Scott of Flemington, New Jersey
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 82.0 ft.
Total length: 84.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.4 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.5 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Woodfern Road Bridge
Woodfern Road Bridge #2
Woodfern Road Bridge Part 3
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.50444, -74.76306 (decimal degrees)
40°30'16" N, 74°45'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/520075/4483774 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- NJ 18B0512 (New Jersey bridge number)
BH 25551 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2015)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 72.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 13, 2012: Updated by Andrew Pearce: Added categories "Pin-connected", "Wooden deck"