Van Lieus Road Bridge
Photo taken by Andrew Pearce in September 2012
BH Photo #238635
"The 4-panel welded Warren with verticals pony truss bridge is supported on concrete abutments with wingwalls. The outriggers are
skewed to the span. The construction date is undocumented, but it dates technologically and stylistically no earlier than 1935. The floor
beams were replaced in 1948, and welded repairs and reinforcements were made in 1953."
- Pony truss bridge over Back Brook on Van Lieus Road
- Hunterdon County, New Jersey
- Open to traffic
- Built 1935; rehabilitated 1953
- Warren pony truss with alternating verticals
Length of largest span: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 63.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.8 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.45167, -74.81583 (decimal degrees)
40°27'06" N, 74°48'57" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/515616/4477906 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- NJ 10XX243 (New Jersey bridge number)
BH 25333 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 19.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 4, 2012: Updated by Andrew Pearce: added data and pictures