Everitts Road Bridge
Photo taken by Andrew Pearce in September 2012
BH Photo #240330
NBI gives this one a build date of 1999, which matches the date inscribed on the bridge, but that fact shows that the 2002 County Survey "The Historic Bridges of Hunterdon County" is not always accurate if all the information in it is from 2002; I expect some of it is actually from 1992, and this error may be proof of that.
UglyBridges.com shows the old truss still in place as of mid-1999.
There is also some confusion between online maps, paper maps, and county documents whether the street is called "Everitt's" or "Everitt" Road, though the current street signs read "Everitts".
- Lost truss bridge over a branch of Neshanic River on EverittN Road, is now a concrete beam bridge
- Ringoes, Hunterdon County, New Jersey
- TRUSS No longer exists
- built 1923, replaced by concrete bridge after mid-1999
- - Grant Davis
- Snook & Sons
- today: Concrete stringer
"The 6-panel riveted Pratt pony truss bridge has ashlar abutments, one of which has been widened with concrete. The bridge, designed by the county engineer is traditionally composed with the center-panels diagonals joined to a center gusset plate. The original pipe railing survives. Largely unaltered and although a relatively late example of a Pratt pony truss, the bridge is individually eligible for listing in the National Register under Criterion C."
Span length: 65.9 ft.
Total length: 65.9 ft.
- Also called
- Everitts Road Bridge over branch Neshanic
Everitts Road Bridge East
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.47345, -74.82803 (decimal degrees)
40°28'24" N, 74°49'41" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/514577/4480322 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- NJ 10XXQ40 (New Jersey bridge number)
BH 25256 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2017)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 99.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 28, 2012: Updated by Andrew Pearce: added pictures
- September 4, 2012: Updated by Andrew Pearce: tried to eliminate cross reference and also added data and Street View