McCann Mill Road Bridge
Photo taken by Andrew Pearce in August 2012
BH Photo #238072
"The riveted five panel Warren with verticals pony truss bridge bears on concrete abutments and older fieldstone wingwalls capped with
concrete. Concrete reinforcement was added in 1978. Alterations are minor and include bolts replacing some rivets on the gussets. One
of over 20 Warren pony truss bridges in the county, the span is a late example of its type, and it exhibits no distinctive details. It is not
technologically or historically noteworthy."
As far as I can tell, this bridge runs over a stream that is part of the border between Hunterdon and Somerset Counties, so it's probably in both counties and should be cross listed.
- Pony truss bridge over Lamington River on McCann Mill Road
- Hunterdon County, New Jersey, and Somerset County, New Jersey
- Open to traffic
- Built 1923
- Warren pony truss with alternating verticals
Length of largest span: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 63.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.69000, -74.72269 (decimal degrees)
40°41'24" N, 74°43'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/523431/4504382 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- NJ 100T35S (New Jersey bridge number)
BH 25278 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 56.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 9, 2019: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- August 26, 2012: Updated by Andrew Pearce: added info and pictures