Meadow Lane Bridge
"The 3-panel pin-connected half hip Pratt pony truss bridge is supported on random ashlar abutments. It is traditionally composed and
exhibits no unusual details. Alterations are minor and include welded additions to the bottom chord eye bars, a new floor system, and
outriggers. One of several pony truss spans built in the county by the local Dover Boiler Works before 1919"
- Pony truss bridge over North Branch Rockaway Creek on Meadow Lane
- Hunterdon County, New Jersey
- Open to traffic
- Built 1900; rehabilitated 1991
- - Dover Boiler Works
- Jones & Laughlin Steel Co. of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania & Woodlawn, Pennsylvania (Iron/Steel Manufacturer)
- Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 61.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.67667, -74.79306 (decimal degrees)
40°40'36" N, 74°47'35" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/517489/4502885 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numers
- NJ 100T073 (New Jersey bridge number)
BH 25279 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2015)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 41.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 8, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added Jones & Laughlin Steel Co. to builder's section
- September 8, 2012: New photos from Andrew Pearce
- September 7, 2012: Updated by Andrew Pearce: Added category "Pin-connected"