Pennsylvania Avenue Bridge
very sharp corner keeps speeds down.
Photo taken by Andrew Pearce in September 2012
BH Photo #238639
"The skewed, 6-panel riveted pony truss bridge is built with a slight camber, a common railroad overpass design detail. Vertical members
are laced angles reinforced with battens at the bottom. Center panel diagonals are also reinforced with a central gusset plate and battens."
- Pony truss bridge over Black River & Western RR on Pennsylvania Avenue Ext.
- Flemington, Hunterdon County, New Jersey
- Built 1918; rehabilitated 1965
- - Black River & Western Railroad (BRW)
- Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 74.2 ft.
Total length: 75.1 ft.
Deck width: 19.4 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.51528, -74.84222 (decimal degrees)
40°30'55" N, 74°50'32" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/513366/4484962 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- Inventory numbers
- NJ 100Q168 (New Jersey bridge number)
BH 25295 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2013)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 30.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 20, 2015: Updated by Luke: Updated status per forum comment
- September 26, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Black River & Western Railroad"