Old Mill Road Bridge
The bridge is paved, the road is not.
Photo taken by Andrew Pearce in September 2012
BH Photo #239388
from the 2002 survey:
"The skewed 3-panel Pratt half hip pony truss bridge is pin-connected with cast iron connectors. The west abutment is stone encased in
concrete. The east abutment and wingwalls were rebuilt in concrete in 1955. The bottom chord is stamped eye bars with shop numbers.
Many welded alterations, including plates on the top chord and the cast connections, additional diagonals, and outriggers."
2012 note2: east abutment also has a 5 foot diameter bypass tunnel in it. Skew angle is minor. Truss parts are numbered with marker pen; should we be concerned? Bridge parts appear to be in good, low rust condition.
- Pony truss bridge over Wickecheoke Creek on Old Mill Road
- Hunterdon County, New Jersey
- Open to traffic
- Built 1899, altered 1955
- - Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Half-hip Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 46.9 ft.
Total length: 48.9 ft.
Deck width: 10.8 ft.
- Skew angle
- 15 degrees
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.46444, -74.97639 (decimal degrees)
40°27'52" N, 74°58'35" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/502001/4479308 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- NJ 100D488 (New Jersey bridge number)
BH 25291 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2015)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 42.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 30, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added categories "Pin-connected", "Wrought Iron"
- March 15, 2016: Updated by Art Suckewer: Corrected build year based on reference in the Strimples Mill Bridge Historic Register submission draft.
- September 15, 2012: Updated by Andrew Pearce: added data and pictures