Lower Creek Road Bridge
Photo taken by Andrew Pearce in September 2012
"The 2-span Warren with verticals pony truss bridge is of riveted construction. Spans have 4 panels each. The east abutment is stone and
the west abutment and pier are concrete dating from 1969. The wide profile floorbeams appear to be original and are attached with some
square-nut bolts. This bridge of undocumented age replaced an 1899 Pratt pony truss by the WIBC."
- Pony truss bridge over Wickecheoke Creek on Lower Creek Road
- Stockton, Hunterdon County, New Jersey
- Open to traffic
- Built 1889; rehabilitated 1969, 1977, 2001
- Warren pony truss
Length of largest span: 48.9 ft.
Total length: 101.1 ft.
Deck width: 13.8 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.42188, -74.97967 (decimal degrees)
40°25'19" N, 74°58'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/501724/4474583 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory numbers
- NJ 100D325 (New Jersey bridge number)
BH 25274 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 07/2011)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 59.8 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- September 15, 2012: Updated by Andrew Pearce: added pictures
- September 5, 2012: Updated by Andrew Pearce: added data and Street View