Amtrak - Portal Bridge
- Through truss swing bridge over Hackensack River on Northeast Corridor (Amtrak)
- Secaucus, Hudson County, New Jersey, and Bergen County, New Jersey
- Open to traffic; owned by Amtrak, which also receives lease payments from New Jersey Transit
- Future prospects
- Targeted for replacement by Amtrak pending capital funding approval--see http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20170522/REAL_ESTATE/17...
- Built 1905-1910
- - Drake & Stratton Co. of New York City, New York & Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Substructure)
- Pennsylvania Steel Co. of Steelton, Pennsylvania (Superstructure)
- - Amtrak (AMTK)
- Commuter Rail
- New Jersey Transit (NJT)
- Northeast Corridor (NEC)
- Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR)
- Main span: Swing through truss. Six open-deck girder approach spans.
Length of largest span: 300.0 ft.
Total length: 961.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.75350, -74.09508 (decimal degrees)
40°45'13" N, 74°05'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/576388/4511787 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 43963 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 1, 2018: Updated by Andy Peters: adds detail on ownership and leaseholder; number of passengers per day; clearance below deck
- July 19, 2018: Updated by Luke: Added builders
- July 19, 2018: Updated by Andy Peters: adds Pennsylvania Railroad to name of builder; adds New Jersey Transit and commuter rail to categories; adds photos; adds link to Amtrak replacement project page; adds Kearny, N.J., to locations
- June 6, 2017: Updated by Alexander D. Mitchell IV: Updated replacement plans
- December 1, 2015: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- January 26, 2015: New photo from Andy Peters
- July 1, 2013: Photo imported by Dave King
- January 30, 2010: Added by James Baughn