Photo taken by Wayne Grodkiewicz
BH Photo #108054
The main span of this bridge is nearly identical to that of the Sydney Harbour Bridge in Australia.
- Steel through arch bridge over Kill Van Kull between Bayonne and Staten Island
- Bayonne, Hudson County, New Jersey, and Richmond County, New York
- Toll bridge open to traffic
- Built 1931
- - Cass Gilbert of Zanesville, Ohio
- Leon Moisseiff of Riga, Latvia
- Othmar Ammann of Feuerthalen, Canton of Zürich, Switzerland
- Steel through arch
Length of largest span: 1,675.0 ft.
Total length: 5,780.0 ft. (1.1 mi.)
Deck width: 85.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.64236, -74.14173 (decimal degrees)
40°38'32" N, 74°08'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/572571/4499410 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- NY 5523040 (New York State bridge identification number)
BH 25224 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 4, 2018: New photos from Josh Schmid
- July 4, 2014: New Street View added by Ralph Demars
- July 10, 2013: New Street View added by Dave King
- January 17, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added architect.
- June 15, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added GPS.
- November 24, 2009: New photos from Jason Smith
- November 23, 2008: New photos from James Baughn
- October 2, 2006: Posted photos from Wayne Grodkiewicz
- Wayne Grodkiewicz - WGrodkiewi [at] aol [dot] com
- HAER NJ-66 - Bayonne Bridge, Spanning Kill Van Kull between Bayonne & Staten Is, Bayonne, Hudson County, NJ
- Jason Smith - flensburg [dot] bridgehunter [dot] av [at] googlemail [dot] com
- Nathan Holth
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Historicbridges.org - by Nathan Holth
- Josh Schmid - schmij5 [at] rpi [dot] edu