PRSL - Grassy Sound Bridge
Bridge built 1912-13 replacing earlier A-frame drawbridge. Passenger service abandoned end of 1972; freight service embargoed June 1974; formal abandonment granted by ICC 1976 and track removed 1977. Demolition started by private property owner who bought right-of-way but aborted; reports indicate part or all of the main span was dropped into the sound, and remained for years afterwards. A crane remains abandoned on the remaining western abutment portion of the bridge.
It should be noted that access to this bridge's remains, though it appears to be a public path from the Wildwood end, is technically private property, and the owner is rumored to not take lightly to trespassing. Use discretion if attempting to visit.
- October 19, 2015: New photos from Douglas Butler
- August 12, 2015: New photo from Douglas Butler
- August 12, 2015: Updated by Alexander D. Mitchell IV: Photos and details added
- May 28, 2015: Updated by Alexander D. Mitchell IV: corrected a few details; added track diagram photo
- February 10, 2015: Photo imported by Alexander D. Mitchell IV
- February 10, 2015: New photo from Douglas Butler
- May 30, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Changed RR to last user, PRSL wasn't merged into Conrail
- May 30, 2014: Added by Douglas Butler
- Douglas Butler
- Alexander D. Mitchell IV