Sugar River Trail - Pier Railroad Covered Bridge 29-10-03#2
One of two remaining Railroad covered bridges in the vicinity (Wright's is the other)over the Sugar River. Built in 1907 to replaced an earlier bridge.
- Lattice through truss bridge over Sugar River on Sugar River Trail
- Newport, Sullivan County, New Hampshire
- Open to pedestrians
- Future prospects
- Preserved for Rail-trail usage
- Built in 1907 by the Boston & Maine Railroad to replace an earlier covered bridge.
- - Jonathan Parker Snow (Engineer)
- - Boston & Maine Railroad (B&M; BM)
- Double Lattice (2 trusses side-by-side)
Length of largest span: 103.0 ft.
Total length: 216.5 ft.
Deck width: 15.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 21.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Chandler Station Covered Bridge
BM - Claremont & Concord Bridge No. 49.09
Pier Railroad Covered Bridge
BM - Claremont & Concord Bridge No. 176
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.36195, -72.24107 (decimal degrees)
43°21'43" N, 72°14'28" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/723556/4804707 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 29-10-03 #2 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 50594 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 24, 2016: New photos from John Loxton
- November 18, 2015: New photos from Mike Garland
- April 26, 2014: New photos from Michael Quiet
- December 18, 2011: Added by Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Michael Quiet - mquiet [at] gmail [dot] com
- Mike Garland - Rapier342 [at] comcast [dot] net
- John Loxton