Monadnock Mills Bridge
View looking upstream.
Photo taken by Marc N Belanger in May 2012
BH Photo #270085
Mosley wrought-iron bowstring arch-truss bridge, built in 1870, carried employees, equipment, and utility lines across the Sugar River from Monadnock Mill No. 6 to the vicinity of the gasworks. It is a rare surviving example of this type of bridge, and was one of the first of its kind built in the United States.
This bridge is on the NRHP as part of the Monadnock Mills complex. It is the only remaining Moseley bridge still in its original location.
- Abandoned bowstring through truss bridge over Sugar River on an old access into a building
- Claremont, Sullivan County, New Hampshire
- Abandoned (but still carries a pipe line)
- Built ca. 1870's
- - Moseley Iron Bridge & Roof Co. of Boston, Massachusetts
- Thomas Moseley (Design)
- Mosley bowstring arch-truss bridge
Total length: 77.0 ft.
Deck width: 8.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on February 15, 1979
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.37425, -72.33818 (decimal degrees)
43°22'27" N, 72°20'17" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/715643/4805817 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Claremont South
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 79000272 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 49549 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 22, 2015: Photo imported by Dave King
- November 12, 2013: New photos from Marc N Belanger
- October 28, 2013: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- September 8, 2011: Updated by J.P.: added more info to description and builder
- September 8, 2011: Updated by James McCray: Updated bridge's name to reflect is connection to Monadnock Mills and NRHP info