Henniker Road Covered Bridge 29-07-62x
Historical American Buildings Survey L. C. Durette, Photographer May 15, 1936. View Looking North West
Photo taken by L. C. Durette for the Historic American Buildings Survey
View photos at Library of Congress
BH Photo #281405
In May 1863 the town voted to build a wooden bridge over the Contoocook river on the road to Henniker. The bridge was damaged in the freshets of 1935 and demolished the following year after a new bridge was built just north of it.
-- Historic American Buildings Survey
- Lost Covered Briggs lattice truss bridge over Contoocook River on Old Route 9 & 202
- Hopkinton, Merrimack County, New Hampshire
- Built 1862 Replaced 1936
- - John C. Briggs
- Briggs Truss
Total length: 180.0 ft.
Deck width: 17.0 ft.
- Also called
- Henniker New Covered Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.18165, -71.75149 (decimal degrees)
43°10'54" N, 71°45'05" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/276386/4784663 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 29-07-62x (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 60631 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 7, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- December 9, 2015: Updated by Erik Hoffman: Added category "Last of its kind"
- January 4, 2015: Updated by Will Truax: Corretcted multiple errors repeated from the HABS report
- December 28, 2014: Updated by Will Truax: Corrected design description & Trruss type
- April 9, 2014: Added by Dave King