Rating:
2 votes

Old Carr Bridge

Share:

Photos 

Jones over Beards01

Double arch bridge over the Beard Brook at the meeting of the Beard and Jones Roads, known as the Old Carr Bridge, built by Captain Jonathan Carr in 1840, and allegedly paid for with counterfeit money.

Photo taken by David P. Timmins

Map 

Description 

Double arch bridge over the Beard Brook at the meeting of the Beard and Jones Roads, known as the Old Carr Bridge, built by Captain Jonathan Carr in 1840, and allegedly paid for with counterfeit money.

Facts 

Overview
Stone arch bridge over Beard's Brook on Jones Road in Hillsborough
Location
Hillsborough, Hillsborough County, New Hampshire
Status
Open to traffic
History
Built in 1840 by Captain Jonathan Carr
Builder
- Captain Jonathan Carr
Design
Stone arch
Dimensions
Length of largest span: 21.0 ft.
Total length: 44.9 ft.
Approximate latitude, longitude
+43.13025, -71.94469   (decimal degrees)
43°07'49" N, 71°56'41" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
19/260483/4779488 (zone/easting/northing)
Quadrangle map:
Hillsboro Upper Village
Inventory number
BH 37543 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
Inspection (as of 10/2015)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 40.9 (out of 100)
Average daily traffic (as of 1987)
250

Update Log 

  • November 2, 2010: New photos from Steve
  • April 4, 2010: Updated by Robert Stephenson: Merged NBI data
  • October 8, 2008: Added by David P. Timmins

Related Bridges 

Sources