Rating:
No votes cast

Amoskeag Company Bridge

Photos 

Amoskeag Company Bridge

1905 Panorama: Yellow circle-McGregor Bridge; Red circle-The Steam Bridge; Green circle-Amoskeag Company Bridge; Blue circle-Granite Street Bridge

Enlarge

BH Photo #324911

Map 

Street View 

Description 

The first bridge on this crossing was a four span covered (possibly) Town lattice, New Hampshire variation, through truss. It is documented in 1878 and was gone by 1892. The second bridge was a four span Iron through truss. Identified in 1892 photograph. Length of the bridges are estimated.

Facts 

Overview
Lost Bridges over Merrimack River on the current alignment of Foundry Street
Location
Manchester, Hillsborough County, New Hampshire
Design
Town lattice through truss
Dimensions
Total length: 404.0 ft.
Approximate latitude, longitude
+42.99090, -71.46989   (decimal degrees)
42°59'27" N, 71°28'12" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
19/298648/4762764 (zone/easting/northing)
Inventory number
BH 67698 (Bridgehunter.com ID)

Update Log 

  • September 8, 2015: New photos from Mike Garland
  • May 22, 2015: New Street View added by Royce and Bobette Haley

Sources 

  • Mike Garland - Rapier342 [at] comcast [dot] net
  • Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com