BM - Hillsborough Covered Bridge
NH 03C 1
Photo taken by Chester Gehman August, 1983
BH Photo #376929
A two-span Town-Pratt lattice truss single track railroad bridge with pedestrian walkway. Abandoned in 1979, it was burned by arsons in 1985.
- Lost Town lattice truss bridge over Contoocook River on Boston & Maine RR
- Hillsborough, Hillsborough County, New Hampshire
- Destroyed by arsonists in 1985
- Built 1903; Pier washed out 1938; Abandoned 1979; Destroyed 1985.
- - Boston & Maine Railroad (B&M; BM)
- Town-Pratt lattice through truss
Total length: 219.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on June 10, 1975
- Also called
Hillsborough Railroad Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.11301, -71.89510 (decimal degrees)
43°06'47" N, 71°53'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/264451/4777433 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 75000126 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
WGCB 29-06-01#2 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 61397 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 28, 2017: New photos from Chester Gehman
- June 16, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Boston & Maine Railroad", "Railroad"
- June 16, 2014: Updated by Chester Gehman: Added category "HAER documented"
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com