BM - Contoocook River Bridge
Across the Contoocook River.
Photo taken by Panoramio user JBTHEMILKER
License: Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs (CC BY-ND)
View this photo at panoramio.com
BH Photo #269332
Dimensions are estimates.
Steel stringers over the Contoocook River were built ca. 1965 to replace a covered span destroyed by fire. NBI built date of 1930 may correspond to the stringer span crossing Antrim Rd, possibly the approach trestles as well.
- Steel stringer bridge over Antrim Road on Boston & Maine Railroad in Bennington
- Bennington, Hillsborough County, New Hampshire
- Built 1930
- - Boston & Maine Railroad (BM)
- Steel stringer
Total length: 296.0 ft.
Deck width: 9.8 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.00611, -71.92722 (decimal degrees)
43°00'22" N, 71°55'38" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/261423/4765652 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 24935 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 1996)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- November 30, 2020: Updated by Ian Martin: Added note regarding previous covered span
- October 29, 2013: Photo imported by Dave King