Durgin Covered Bridge 29-02-07
Photo taken by Will in May 2011
License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC BY-NC-SA)
BH Photo #199736
First Covered Bridge at this crossing built 1826. I believe the current bridge might also have been rehabilitated in 1983.
- Covered bridge over Cold River on Durgin Bridge Road in Sandwich
- Sandwich, Carroll County, New Hampshire
- Open to traffic
- Built 1869; rehabilitated 1967 & 1983
- - Jacob Berry
- Milton Graton & Son of Ashland, New Hampshire (1967 rehabilitation)
Length of largest span: 79.1 ft.
Total length: 96.1 ft.
Deck width: 13.8 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 9.5 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on September 22, 1983
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.85556, -71.36417 (decimal degrees)
43°51'20" N, 71°21'51" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/309993/4858546 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 29-02-07 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
NRHP 83001130 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 24819 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 17, 2018: New photos from Richard Doody
- December 10, 2015: New photos from Mike Garland
- July 29, 2015: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- July 22, 2015: Updated by Royce and Bobette Haley: edit description
- May 23, 2011: Updated by Will: Added information including builders name