UP - Loup River Bridge
Oblique view, facing west
This is a massive bridge over the Loup river at the west edged of Columbus.
Photo taken by Fmiser in October 2012
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
BH Photo #241133
From the east, 8-panel Pratt truss, four 6-panel Pratt trusses, and a plate girder.
- Pin connected Pratt through truss bridge over Loup River on railroad
- Platte County, Nebraska
- Open to traffic
- Built 1908
- - Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- 5 span Pratt through truss and a plate girder approach on the west.
Length of largest span: 200.0 ft.
Total length: 1,250.0 ft.
Deck width: 25.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.42508, -97.39716 (decimal degrees)
41°25'30" N, 97°23'50" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/633933/4587186 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 1450 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 53829 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 6, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Edited bridge
- October 6, 2012: Updated by Fmiser: Added categories "Pin-connected", "8-panel truss", "Railroad"
- Fmiser - fmiser [at] gmail [dot] com