Willow Creek Bridge
Image In Public Domain
Photo taken by Wikipedia User Ammodramus in April 2010Wikipedia
BH Photo #172903
According to a couple different internet sources, this bridge was originally located at 42.177191, -97.667448, carrying 852 Rd across Willow Creek between 542 and 543 Avenues. This bridge was relocated in 1994. Current GPS coordinates are an estimate. Another unknown mystery is if this bridge was relocated in 1994, why did it continue to be reported as the historic bridge in the NBI?
- Lattice truss/girder bridge over an unnamed stream on a county road, 4 mi. north and 1.2 mi. east of Pierce
- Pierce, Pierce County, Nebraska
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1913, moved to current location in 1994
- - Canton Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Lattice truss/girder bridge.
Length of largest span: 29.9 ft.
Total length: 32.2 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.20057, -97.52043 (decimal degrees)
42°12'02" N, 97°31'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/622150/4673105 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2003)
- Inventory number
- BH 24434 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 28.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 16, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: Bridge is relocated. Added photos.
- June 14, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: Updated bridge type and GPS.