NCRC - Elkhorn River Bridge
Collapsed during flood, killing a railroad worker who was inspecting the bridge with two other workers.
- Through truss bridge over Elkhorn River on Nebraska Central Railroad
- Madison County, Nebraska
- Repaired in July 2010 after center pier collapsed in a June flood.
- Built 1918, Collapsed during flooding in June 2010; Rebuilt July 2010
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Nebraska Central Railroad (NCRC)
- Pratt through truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.00428, -97.44337 (decimal degrees)
42°00'15" N, 97°26'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/628909/4651423 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 49046 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 15, 2014: Updated by Tony Dillon: Took out the LOST status
- March 15, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Added builder based on bridge of same design on the line & build date from portal.
- February 19, 2014: Photo imported by Dave King
- July 5, 2011: Added by Luke Harden