UP - Salt Creek Bridge
Photo taken by RLEVANS
License: Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs (CC BY-ND)
View this photo on Flickr
BH Photo #274979
Build date comes from UP Environmental Report associated with proposed abandoning of this line in 2010. Relocated from an unknown location.
- Quadrangular Lattice through truss bridge over Salt Creek on Union Pacific Railroad
- Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska
- Open to traffic
- Built 1899, Moved here 1921
- - Lassig Bridge & Iron Works of Chicago, Illinois
- - Omaha & Republican Valley Railway (O&RV)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Triple-intersection lattice through truss
Length of largest span: 100.0 ft.
Total length: 230.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.82011, -96.71870 (decimal degrees)
40°49'12" N, 96°43'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/692389/4521292 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 59801 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 4, 2020: Updated by John Marvig: added build date from STB filings
- February 28, 2017: New photos from John Marvig
- October 21, 2015: New photos from John Marvig
- October 18, 2015: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- December 23, 2014: Updated by Nathan Holth: Revised type, added dimensions.
- December 23, 2014: Updated by Roger Deschner: Add photo; change design to Whipple Truss from site visit and imported photo
- February 19, 2014: Added by Luke Harden