Bridge was built between 1905 and 1910 based on when the contract was put out for bidding in 1905. The bridge was likely abandoned when the river changed course and widened based on satellite imagery. One span remains in the middle of the river and another span is abandoned on the south of the river in the tree line. Likely one span is lost.
- Abandoned pratt through truss bridge over Niobrara River on Old County road
- Keya Paha County, Nebraska
- Future prospects
- In 2012 the Niobrara Council spoke with someone from the NPA about getting the section left in the river removed.
- Pratt through truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.73060, -99.68232 (decimal degrees)
42°43'50" N, 99°40'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/444142/4731125 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 72992 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 30, 2016: Updated by J.P.: added an essay of what likely happened to the bridge.
- July 29, 2016: Updated by J.P.: updated name
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com