Duane E. Carmen Memorial Covered Bridge 27-49-A
Constructed from torn down old buildings, by Duane Carman & 115 volunteers for $5,000. Cover & 5 I-beams added in 1989 to an stringer bridge built in 1930.In Cook take 3rd St. S. 1 block from jct with NE49A (Main St.), W. on Elm St. 300' to the bridge. Pedestrian walkway on one side.
- Covered Stringer Bridge over Branch of Nemaha River on 737 Road
- Johnson County, Nebraska
- Open to traffic
- Built 1930; Covered 1989
- - Duane Carman
Total length: 42.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.50866, -96.16505 (decimal degrees)
40°30'31" N, 96°09'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/740200/4488077 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 27-49-A (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 59761 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 17, 2014: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com