Originally built as a "tunnel", replaced c. 1980 with bridge.
Originally built in 1904-1906(according Tim Vana Local Railfan)as a "tunnel" as part of the Lane Cutoff. The tunnel replaced c. 1977 with bridge. The Tunnel was named the "Awful Tunnel" by Omaha residence because it took a major road down to 2 narrow lanes through the tunnel. More info coming soon.
Length of largest span: 120.0 ft.
Total length: 440.0 ft.
Deck width: 30.0 ft.
Approximate latitude, longitude
+41.22155, -96.04310(decimal degrees) 41°13'18" N, 96°02'35" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
USGS topographic map
BH 43717 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
November 28, 2012: New Street View added by Luke Harden
December 8, 2009: Updated by Brad J Williams: added more info