County Line Bridge (Penbrook Bridge)
County Line Bridge
Added by James Grooms in April 2018
BH Photo #424523
This bridge is on the 1919 Cherry County Plat Map, so const bef.
The Ford over the river was east of here in Sec 7 of Keya Paha County. This is shown on the 1875 survey map where the river heads to the NW.
The area known as the "rocky ford" or Bruce Mill site is not where the early pioneers crossed the river coming from the SE to their homesteads. James Grooms
- Abandoned pratt through truss bridge over Niobrara River on Abandoned County Road
- Cherry County, Nebraska
- Location of the Penbrook Post Office. Appears on Pre 1920 road map as "Penbrook"
- Pratt through truss
- Also called
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.84707, -100.20056 (decimal degrees)
42°50'49" N, 100°12'02" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/401901/4744530 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Muleshoe Creek
- Inventory number
- BH 72994 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 21, 2018: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- April 20, 2018: New photo from James Grooms
- April 18, 2018: New photo from James Grooms
- April 17, 2018: New photo from James Grooms
- July 29, 2016: Added by J.P.
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- James Grooms - Jayb2664 [at] yahoo [dot] com