BNSF - Plattsmouth Rail Bridge (New)
New Plattsmouth Rail Bridge
From Loess Bluff, New Bridge on Right
Photo taken by John Marvig in October 2015
BH Photo #340267
Bridge is a significant link in the BNSF system, and the new structure preserved the integrity of the old structure, while being able to lessen the traffic on the old structure.
- Camelback through truss bridge over Missouri River on BNSF Railway
- Plattsmouth, Cass County, Nebraska, and Mills County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 2013
- - Amtrak (AMTK)
- BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Camelback through truss
Length of largest span: 400.0 ft.
Total length: 1,682.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.00173, -95.86661 (decimal degrees)
41°00'06" N, 95°51'60" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/258906/4542908 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 69773 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 1, 2017: New photos from John Marvig
- October 21, 2015: Added by John Marvig