Apple Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Ethan Akerly in November 2015
License: Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY)
BH Photo #341018
According to the NBI this is one of the oldest bridges in North Dakota.
- Pony truss bridge over Apple Creek on 30th Avenue NE just off I-94
- Burleigh County, North Dakota
- Open to traffic but the approaches are not maintained. Only 4WD vehicles can drive the last 1/4 mile to the bridge.
- Built 1903; rehabilitated 1965
- Pin-connected, 5-panel Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 64.0 ft.
Total length: 106.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +46.83810, -100.59227 (decimal degrees)
46°50'17" N, 100°35'32" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/378582/5188404 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 1680 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- ND 8-118-340 (North Dakota bridge number)
BH 23408 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 02/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 25.5 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- November 26, 2017: New Street View added by Dave King