Scuppernong River Bridge
Photo taken by Royce and Bobette Haley in March 2016
BH Photo #350365
The bridge at this location is now in a marine salvage yard on the east bank of the Chowan River near US Hwy 17 in North Carolina. It is a hand cranked pony swing truss.
- 1926 Warren pony truss swing bridge
- Tyrrell County, North Carolina
- Removed but not replaced
- Built 1926 rehab 1949
- Warren pony truss swing bridge
Length of largest span: 122.1 ft.
Total length: 565.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.7 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on March 5, 1992
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.91726, -76.25557 (decimal degrees)
35°55'02" N, 76°15'20" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/386717/3975499 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 67134 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 12, 2016: New photo from Royce and Bobette Haley
- March 26, 2016: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- March 14, 2016: Updated by Royce and Bobette Haley: updated design
- April 19, 2015: Added by Royce and Bobette Haley
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com