Town Fork Creek Norfolk and Western Railway Bridge (Walnut Cove)
Photo taken by Royce and Bobette Haley in January 2016
BH Photo #348631
Dimensions are estimates. There is evidence that this is at least the third bridge here. There are old wooden bent remains and an old stone pier.
- Abandoned pony/through plate girder bridge over Town Fork Creek on Norfolk & Western Railway
- Walnut cove, Stokes County, North Carolina
- Built 1948
- - Norfolk & Western Railway (N&W)
- Pony plate girder
Length of largest span: 85.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
- Also called
- N&W - Town Fork Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.29051, -80.14345 (decimal degrees)
36°17'26" N, 80°08'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/576915/4016511 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 70714 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 1, 2016: Added by Royce and Bobette Haley
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com