Previous plans to reuse bridge have fallen through. The bridge is now being offered to a third party for reuse. Contact the Town of Danbury for information. If nobody steps forward, the bridge will be scrapped out.
Built 1905 in the Pine Hall area, moved to Danbury in 1926, closed to traffic in 1998, removed and placed in storage in 2005 with plans for it to be relocated and rehabilitated in Danbury's Moratock Park as a pedestrian bridge across the Dan River.
Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 140.1 ft.
Total length: 345.2 ft.
Deck width: 10.8 ft.
Approximate latitude, longitude
+36.42756, -80.21099(decimal degrees) 36°25'39" N, 80°12'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
USGS topographic map
NC 169133 (North Carolina bridge number)
BH 49972 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
Inspection (as of 03/1991)
Deck condition rating: Fair(5 out of 9) Superstructure condition rating: Serious(3 out of 9) Substructure condition rating: Poor(4 out of 9) Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 18.5 (out of 100)
Average daily traffic (as of 1990)
January 24, 2013: Updated by Nathan Holth: Bridge available for reuse, will be demolished if nobody steps forward.
November 1, 2011: Added by James McCray
James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com