Broad River Bridge
Lost through truss bridge that carried SR 1155 across the Broad River.
"Prior to its replacement in 2009, this bridge carried Gray's Road, east of Rutherfordton, 256 feet across the Broad River. It consisted of eight spans, the 130-foot-long, Camelback through truss main span and seven 18-foot-long, steel stringer approach spans. The truss was composed of pin-connected, eye-bar tension members and riveted, built-up, compression members of standard steel sections. The bridge was supported on fieldstone abutments, four concrete bents and, at its truss, two built-up, steel, cylindrical, column bents filled with concrete. Rather than demolish the bridge, the state had the contractor dismantle it for re-use. It was subsequently discarded, however."-NCDOT
- Lost through truss bridge over Broad River on SR 1155
- Rutherford County, North Carolina
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1917
- Through truss
Length of largest span: 129.9 ft.
Total length: 255.9 ft.
Deck width: 11.2 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.32903, -82.02611 (decimal degrees)
35°19'45" N, 82°01'34" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/406740/3910015 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Pea Ridge
- Inventory number
- BH 58358 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 07/1999)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 25.5 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1998)
- August 11, 2015: Updated by Royce and Bobette Haley: description
- October 10, 2013: Added by Michael Miller
- Michael Miller - michael_a_miller [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com