CSX - Tar River Bridge
Photo taken by Royce and Bobette Haley in July 2017
BH Photo #396110
Dimensions are estimates. Appears there may have been a swing span at one point. Both approaches have been replaced with slab approaches. Piers have been altered as well, looks like a patch work bridge.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Tar River on CSXTRR
- Greenville, Pitt County, North Carolina
- Open to traffic
- Built 1952
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Atlantic Coast Line Railroad (ACL)
- CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Seaboard Coast Line Railroad (SCL)
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 74.0 ft.
Total length: 1,962.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.61775, -77.37721 (decimal degrees)
35°37'04" N, 77°22'38" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/284698/3944154 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Greenville SW
- Inventory number
- BH 77814 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 8, 2017: Added by Royce and Bobette Haley
- July 7, 2017: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com