NS - Old Trading Path Bridge
As viewed from the SW corner of the bridge, from Kings Highway park.
Photo taken by madurobob in December 2016
BH Photo #373164
On the NE edge of Kings Highway Park just West of Hillsborough, NC and 1/4 mile East of the King's Highway Park Bridge (http://bridgehunter.com/nc/orange/ns-eno-river/
). This bridge spans a road that was originally the continuation of Dimmocks Mill Rd North of the historic mill site. Running parallel to the tracks about a hundred feet South is the intersection of historic Salisbury rd and the highway to Wilmington, NC; part of the original network of colonial (and pre-colonial) trading paths, that ran from Boston to Charleston (AKA "Great Trading Path")
- Deck girder bridge over Old Trading Path Trail on Norfolk Southern / NCRR
- Hillsborough, Orange County, North Carolina
- Regular use
- The road this bridge crosses was there before the railroad was build, so we know there was a span there from the outset (late 1850s). No idea if and when its been updated.
- Deck girder. large steel I-beams as support legs with a mix of concrete and steel I-beam lintels that support the wooden deck and rails.
Length of largest span: 30.0 ft.
Total length: 80.0 ft.
- Also called
- Historic Dimmock's Mill Rd Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.07252, -79.12918 (decimal degrees)
36°04'21" N, 79°07'45" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/668466/3993612 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 74810 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 17, 2016: Added by madurobob