NS - Cates Creek
Old brick-foundation bridge over Cates Creek just South of the interstate 85 bridge over Cates Creek and over the NS rails this bridge supports. Access requires some minor hiking along city right of way, either from the nearby Wal-Mart parking lot or from the nearby Becket's Ridge development
A few additional pics from flickr here:
- Deck plate girder bridge over Cates Creek on Norfolk Southern Railroad, Amtrack
- Hillsborough, Orange County, North Carolina
- Open to traffic
- - Amtrak (AMTK)
- Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Deck plate girder. Twin steel I-beams with diagonal cross braces. Beams sit on concrete lintels that sit on large, old brick and mortar pillars.
Length of largest span: 30.0 ft.
Total length: 40.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.05713, -79.08969 (decimal degrees)
36°03'26" N, 79°05'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/672057/3991973 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 70658 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 26, 2016: Added by madurobob