Thickety Creek Road Bridge
Photo taken by Donald Lee Pardue in 2009
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
View this photo on Flickr
BH Photo #482100
This is a one-lane through truss bridge that was bypassed either in the late 90's, or early 2000's.
- Through truss bridge over Little River on Thickety Creek Rd.
- Montgomery County, North Carolina
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built here 1953
- 2 130' Pratt trusses
Length of largest span: 132.9 ft.
Total length: 286.1 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
- Also called
- Orphan Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.22353, -79.91401 (decimal degrees)
35°13'25" N, 79°54'50" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/598829/3898371 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory numbers
- NC 123060 (North Carolina bridge number)
BH 81846 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 21, 2020: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- July 14, 2019: Updated by Royce and Bobette Haley: Added categories "Cambria Steel Co.", "Illinois Steel Co.", "Riveted"
- June 15, 2018: Updated by Luke: Merged 1996 NBI; Noted that spans are relocated pinned Pratts from the old US421 Yadkin River Bridge
- June 15, 2018: Updated by Jimmy: Added category "One-lane traffic"