CSX - NC70 Overpass
Double span deck girder on 197 in North Carolina
Photo taken by Bob Lawrence in November 2012
BH Photo #243581
Although there is a 1927 deck girder span just to the west of this bridge, the date plates on this double span are 1907, which would be correct for the date that the Clinchfield was being laid from Spartanburg SC to Elkhorn City KY.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Rooster Roost Road, Rooster Roost Creek on CSX Railroad
- Mitchell County, North Carolina, and Yancey County, North Carolina
- Open to traffic
- Original bridge on the Clinchfield Railroad going into the Toe River/Nolichucky Gorge
- - King Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio
- - CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Carolina, Clinchfield & Ohio Railroad (CCO)
- Seaboard System Railroad (SBD)
- Deck plate girder, double span
Length of largest span: 64.0 ft.
Total length: 138.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
- Also called
- CSX - Pigeonroost Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.04605, -82.29911 (decimal degrees)
36°02'46" N, 82°17'57" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/382978/3989837 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 2072 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 54595 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 25, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Fixed builder's section.
- November 25, 2012: Added by Bob Lawrence