Rozzell's Ferry Bridge (Fourth)
Rozzell's Ferry Bridge
The Lincoln County News: August 9 1923
BH Photo #459941
Due to the creation of the Southern Power Company Reservoir a taller longer structure was needed. It was decided to reuse the trusses from the bridge completed just 3 years earlier. They were raised with new taller abutments and piers, and 2 new spans were added.
- Lost Through truss bridge over Catawba River on Rozzell's Ferry Road
- Mecklenburg County, North Carolina
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built in 1922-23 by raising the 3 1919 spans and adding 2 additional ones.
- Through truss
Length of largest span: 202.0 ft.
Total length: 1,010.0 ft.
- Also called
- Rozzelle's Ferry Bridge (Incorrect later spelling)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.34921, -80.97250 (decimal degrees)
35°20'57" N, 80°58'21" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/502498/3911770 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 87167 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 10, 2019: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- November 10, 2019: Added by Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com