Rozzell's Ferry Bridge (Third)
Rozzell's Ferry Bridge
The Charlotte News: July 18 1916
BH Photo #459937
The abutment on the Mecklenburg County side was from the original 1849 bridge.
- Lost Through truss bridge over Catawba River on Rozzell's Ferry Road
- Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, and Gaston County, North Carolina
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built in 1919; raised and lengthened in 1922-23 for creation of a reservoir.
- Through truss
Length of largest span: 202.0 ft.
Total length: 606.0 ft.
- Also called
- Rozzelle's Ferry Bridge (Incorrect later spelling)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.34956, -80.97277 (decimal degrees)
35°20'58" N, 80°58'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/502474/3911809 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 87166 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 10, 2019: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- November 10, 2019: Added by Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com