Rozzell's Ferry Bridge (Second)
Rozzell's Ferry Bridge
The Evening Chronicle: April 6 1909
BH Photo #459925
Reused the original abutments and piers from the 1849 bridge.
- Lost Camelback through truss bridge over Catawba River on Rozzell's Ferry Road
- Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, and Gaston County, North Carolina
- Destroyed by flooding
- Built in 1909-10 by the York Bridge Company; destroyed by flooding in 1916.
- - York Bridge Co. of York, Pennsylvania
- Camelback through truss
Total length: 612.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
- Also called
- Rozzelle's Ferry Bridge (Incorrect later spelling)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.34931, -80.97313 (decimal degrees)
35°20'58" N, 80°58'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/502441/3911782 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 87164 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 10, 2019: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- November 10, 2019: Added by Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com